Starcraft Boat

logantrent

Cadet
I have what I think is a 1987 18" Starcraft boat -
The serial # is STRV2566E787
Can anyone tell me excactly what I have?

Thanks

JD

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Starcraft Boat

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,.... Got a picture,..??

Starcraft built a bunch of 18'ers...
Is it glass, or tin,..??

logantrent

Cadet

It is metal of some kind - Would it be aluminum or tin?

Will post Pic's soon

Was wondering if this model boat was worth rebuilding?

JD

Bondo

Staff member

It is metal of some kind - Would it be aluminum or tin?

Will post Pic's soon

Was wondering if this model boat was worth rebuilding?

JD

Ayuh,.... Tinboat is slang for aluminum...

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Oh goody, we have another fish...er ..Starcrafter. Welcome to the fold Logan. It is definitely a 1987 Starcraft - first and last of the HIN. Get some pics and we'll go from there. Welcome.

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

Yep that boat isnt worth fixing, I recomend you send it up here to Michigan so we can dispose of for ya. Kidding aside what's wrong with this boat, looks to be in decent shape from the picture. Tin's are age-less and will usually be worth repairing to some degree.

logantrent

Cadet

The boat is in decent shape on the outside but the inside needs quite a bit of repair. The floor is weak in spots. Not sure if the 75 hp mariner runs or not.

What would make this a SS model and what are the differences from a non ss?

JD

Bondo

Staff member

The boat is in decent shape on the outside but the inside needs quite a bit of repair. The floor is weak in spots. Not sure if the 75 hp mariner runs or not.

JD

Ayuh,... It's just a name,.... SuperSport....

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

JD

WELCOME!
Well, an SS without the front seating area, all enclosed would be a Holiday model..lol

Come on over to the Starcraft section and we will guide you through anything and everything you need and need to know about fixing hat deck..

Gotta ask, what did you cough up for that baby?

logantrent

Cadet

Is the starcraft section named starcraft?

I paid $1000.00 -

I think the price was ok, just trying to decide how far to go on a rebuild

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Is the starcraft section named starcraft?

I paid $1000.00 -

I think the price was ok, just trying to decide how far to go on a rebuild

Yes. Sounds like a fair deal. That's what I paid for mine.

I turned mine from this:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ezmobee/New Boat/DSCF2140.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ezmobee/New Boat/DSCF2146.jpg

to this:
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ezmobee/New Boat/DSCF2727-1.jpg
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w200/ezmobee/New Boat/DSCF2728-2.jpg

GA_Boater

Logan, Cheapboatkev is right on with the SS/Holiday. Later on Starcraft used the same basic open bow model purpose equipped for fishing, fish/ski. pure water fun, etc. In the brochures the closest year we have is for 1985 and here is a model called the FishMaster. It's 16 ft. but the same 16 ft. boat was outfitted with a side console and pedestal seating, An SS would have dual consoles, walk through windshield, back to back seats and bow seating.. If you look at some of the later year brochures all the variations are shown. The SS model was discontinued somewhere in time but SC brought it back in 2001. Unfortunately we don't have a 1987 brochure or complete sets of all model year brochures. Like the 1985 brochure I linked to doesn't have all the boats for that year. SuperSports are an iconic Starcraft boat and going by the restoration threads must have been one their most popular boats.

Try what Don S. said about contacting Starcraft with you HIN. They might have the info you're looking for since it's a newer (relatively speaking) boat. A lot of us feed each other cause our boats are so old.

Hope this helps and keep us posted.

GA_Boater

I forgot to add this link to the Starcraft section. It has everything we know about these gems. And it grows daily. I think Starcrafters are the postiest members of iboats, well except for oops and his hull extension thread - you will see some running tin vs. glass threads with oops in the middle of them and all in good fun. Welcome to the Starmada. :D

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

I forgot to add this link to the Starcraft section. It has everything we know about these gems. And it grows daily. I think Starcrafters are the postiest members of iboats, well except for oops and his hull extension thread - you will see some running tin vs. glass threads with oops in the middle of them and all in good fun. Welcome to the Starmada. :D

Yep, us tinheads (which you are now one) are about the postiest guys on here!