warning buzzer and neutral safety switch wiring.

17rogue70

Petty Officer 3rd Class
hello guys , this what i have to work with. its a 1987 merc 150 xr2 blackmax. i purchased the motor with the harness cut at control box but no control box. my problem is the warning buzzer and neutral safety switch are missing and i would like install them as should be , but i cant find any wiring diagrams for these 2 items .i purchased a new ignition switch but i havent gotten that far in my installation yet . im trying to get all my i s dotted and my t s crossed first. if anymore info is needed , i dont know but i will supply any and i all that i can.

thanks in advance
mike

Laddies

Banned
Re: warning buzzer and neutral safety switch wiring.

a3.jpg

17rogue70

Petty Officer 3rd Class

according to the visual on the commander 2000 , there should be a tan wire with a blue stripe ? my harness is just a plain tan wire. could this be it?things are getting closer but not quite there yet. i have it hooked to the tan wire , i have a continuous audible beep beep beep etc. i checked maybe the oil tank float , but that is new also.tank is low on oil but i pulled the cap and raised the float by hand and there was on change in the beep. i not at the point of starting the engine yet , but i am testing each step i make in the process. also i cant seem to find the tach wire in the harness from the engine . is it a grey wire? as this is the only wire i have left that isnt being used.

thanks in advance as you guys are saving my bacon on this build with your advise.

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

beep beep beep is the warning for low oil. Check you oil tank or bypass that sensor for you testing.