motor bogg down

mitts

Cadet
i have a 84 mercury 25hp runs good but every once in a while it will just bogg down no power then it hickups and i will have power again sometimes it does this and sometime not can some one help it driving me crazy:confused:

nimmor

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: motor bogg down

I was having a similar problem. I installed a fuel filter with a water filter and it seems to have fixed the problem. I only had the boat out maybe 4 times since I installed it but had no problem.

ill be curious to see what caused your problem i have a 40 hp evinrude that does the same thing. mine always happens just off of idle, and usually if i reach back and hit my primer it clears up and runs fine.

jbjennings

Captain

the 40 evinrude has a dirty carb or weak fuel pump. 99% sure it's a dirty carb. YOu need to fix it, as you may be running lean at WOT and could crater the powerhead. Since it does it just off idle, it very well could be the low speed jet that's partially clogged. Either way, clean the carb is my suggestion.
JMO

The merc could have a dirty carb, or fuel lines that are breaking down from ethanol and momentarily clogging your carb jets. I'd clean the carb and replace all fuel lines. The water separator is a super idea as well.
JBJ

mitts

Cadet

no problem the help is great can wait to change lines and clean carb thanks again