1990 seaswirl 210 striper should i buy 4900? need help tell me about it

thinking of buying this boat... whats kind of outdrive for this year engine is a 5.8 cobra is this a good boat how much gas per hour at 25mph... top speed smooth water overall quality please reply folks i own a 1995 wellcraft 21ft cuddy cabin

PBarrett

Seaman
Re: 1990 seaswirl 210 striper should i buy 4900? need help tell me about it

It's not a bad boat, but it has a power train that could be big problems down the road. As pointed out in your other thread, OMC has been out of business for many years, so replacement parts could be a problem, but in this case it has the 5.8, which makes it doubly difficult to find parts, like manifolds and risers. I suggest you keep looking. If you like your Wellcraft, why not try to find an older one in good shape with either a VP or Mercruiser power train? OMC made good stuff, but it's just not being made anymore.

Good luck,
PB

thanks........ love my wellcraft just would like more headroom in cab

PBarrett

Seaman

thanks........ love my wellcraft just would like more headroom in cab

Yeah, that seems to be a problem in a cuddy. What area are you looking in to find a boat? When I was looking I had to travel over 900 miles to find what I wanted.

Good luck,
PB

F150FISH

Recruit

Gorilla

Don't know if this helps but I have a 92 21' Seaswirl Striper 210 cuddy only it has a 150 outboard on it.
I have had it for about 10 yrs. and I realy like it.It is a great rough water boat. The farthest I take it is
about 12 miles into the ocean and the high sides it has always gives me some type of added safe
feeling. It does however tend to have some pound to it sometimes when over 2'. The cockpit could be
a little crowded if your a big guy. But like I said I really like mine and have been out in some pretty
snotty weather and swells and I have never taken water over the bow. I think the older Seaswirls were
made pretty well. Scott