Electrical short help

Jtgator

Cadet
I have a 1999 CC Aquasport with a 150 Johnson. I was changing the washdown pump and accidentally touched the pos and negs together and shorted out the circuit. Now none of my accesory switches work.(bilge,nav lights, coutesy lights etc). Is there a main fuse or breaker somewhere that may be blown. I did try resetting all the circuit breakers on the panel. the motor does turn over and pt/t work.

NYBo

Admiral
Re: Electrical short help

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

The usual practice is to put a fuse or circuit breaker on the positive lead to the panel within a foot or so of the battery, so start at the battery terminal and trace the line forward.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

+1 master fuse inline to the dash electronics. On most boats, it is positioned within a foot or two of the battery, but yours may differ.

Jtgator

Cadet

Found fuse holder, fuse o.k.
Traced the wire and could not find a problem. My thought is it may have caused a pin to go bad in a pig tail connector to panel. Got frustrated and ran a new wire bypassing the connector and works now.
Thanks for the suggestions.

Jtgator

Cadet

Found fuse holder, fuse o.k.
Traced the wire and could not find a problem. My thought is it may have caused a pin to go bad in a pig tail connector to panel. Got frustrated and ran a new wire bypassing the connector and works now.
Thanks for the suggestions