Perko Flush Pro

Cool It

Petty Officer 1st Class
hey guys<br /><br />I need to flush my 2000 5.7 Mercruiser - Bravo two. on my older boat I was able to reach the outdrive to put muffs on, but with this new boat I can not reach - due to an extended swim platform. Someone said to add the perko flush pro, has anyone used this on their I/O. does it work well and is there anything I need to watch out for when installing or using it. I want to install the full kit with the line to the transom with a water intake.<br /><br />Thanks<br />Cool It

Cool It

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Perko Flush Pro

any help before I buy-- Thanks!!!

tommays

Admiral

cool<br /><br />there is a recent post on the perko and it was felt it was better to install valves to divert the saltwater and allow freshwater to flush the motor<br /><br />more work but a better result<br /><br />tommays

AaronG

Petty Officer 1st Class

I have the flushpro, and it works fine. On my alpha 1, it uses a pump in the leg, so I can only flush mine with the engine off. That really only flushes the thermostat houseing and the manifolds. Better than nothing. On your Bravo outdrive, you have an engine mounted seawater pump, so you can flush yours with the engine running. Much more effective.

lenny2113

Petty Officer 1st Class

This is the post tommays had mentioned. <br /> Flush Pro Post <br /><br />You may benefit from Flush Pro if you have a setup where engine pump is pumping raw water in, as said by AaronG.<br /><br />Good luck

Cool It

Petty Officer 1st Class

I would like to install this myself but I dont see the hose that I am puting this on. It is supposed to be the 1-1/4" intake I believe but I dont see it. can someone direct me on this or direct me to a diagram (2000 5.7 EFI Mercruiser)<br />Thanks<br />Cool IT