What year is my Winner/Plasti Craft?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnnyF

Recruit
I have a 12 foot Plasti Craft boat made by Winner Manufacturing Co. in Trenton, NJ. The serial # is 65860 G. I would appreciate any help in identifying the year of manufacture. I am sure it was built before 1957 since it has two cockpits with rear steering. I would love to discuss this with other owners of early Winner boats. John

chedester

Recruit
I have a 12 foot Plasti Craft boat made by Winner Manufacturing Co. in Trenton, NJ. The serial # is 65860 G. I would appreciate any help in identifying the year of manufacture. I am sure it was built before 1957 since it has two cockpits with rear steering. I would love to discuss this with other owners of early Winner boats. John
If your boat says it's a Plasticraft, it might have been made before they were called Winner in 1947. The Plasticraft company won a boat race (Havanna to Miami I think) and became the first all fiberglass boat the Navy bought in 1947. They adopted the name Winner because they won that race. They were built in Hickson, TN until about 1984. They went through several owners and were made in more than one location.

chedester

Recruit
If your boat says it's a Plasticraft, it might have been made before they were called Winner in 1947. The Plasticraft company won a boat race (Havanna to Miami I think) and became the first all fiberglass boat the Navy bought in 1947. They adopted the name Winner because they won that race. They were built in Hickson, TN until about 1984. They went through several owners and were made in more than one location.
I have a 1965 Winner (Shalimar model) with a 4 cylinder Chevy motor and Mercruiser I/O drive. I hope this helps.

jbcurt00

Staff member
I have a 1965 Winner (Shalimar model) with a 4 cylinder Chevy motor and Mercruiser I/O drive. I hope this helps.
Johnny hasn't been back in nearly a decade.
Not likely to get or reply to your message, Hence the 90day rule

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.