Smart tab installation question

tmmpin

Recruit
I got the ST1290-60 Trim tabs. In the actual plate there is 3 holes. If i use the two closest to the boat I dont have room for the actuator and keeping the plate at a 25 degree angle. If I use the middle hole and the rear hole I have enough room. Can I use the back holes or will this be putting the actuator in a bind. Im hoping the holes are there just for this reason.
Thanks in advance for any help I get.

wagnerz

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Smart tab installation question

Some pictures would be helpful, and a better description of your boat.

retiredfornow

Petty Officer 1st Class

The holes are there to adjust the pressure on the plates. If you go to their website, it will explain it there, I believe.
Definately need to post some pics.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi.....welcome to iboats....

ditto on all of the above.......

the makers of trim tabs are really great with installation information.

as for us....we also need to know the make of the boat.....and of course ...the pics are a must

nlain

Commander

If the stern of your boat is belled out then you use the middle and last hole. I needed that when I installed mine but it came out after, mine work fine, took a little effort to get the adjustment right. If the middle and last hole work that is what you need. You can go to their website and get the phone number and call them to be sure. oops is right, we need pictures and what boat you have to advise you properly.

tmmpin

Recruit

Thanks for the replies. I did find what I needed to know. The first two holes on the trim plate are the ideal location but if the space available is less then 10" on the transom you can use the rear hole and that reduces the space needed to 7.5".
Earlier smart tabs, at least the stainless steel, didnt have the third hole and had to be drilled.
Nauticus has a diagram on the installation page on thier website.