new boat decision??

fishermanron

Recruit
i have several boats but am going to buy my first new one in the spring but im stuck on three boats. i mainly bass fish but i wanted a boat that i could use in bass tournaments and use to take friends out. any advice would be helpful

2011-12 FinCraft 1850

2011-12 Nitro 290 sport

2012 tracker targa wt

as of right now im leaning toward the nitro cause it has more of a bass boat layout. But i love that FinCraft is enviromentally friendly and would like to support them but im not sure if i like the interior of the boat that much (hinges on the outside of the compartments looks tacky and would prob get hot in the sun). and the targa just has a huge layout and lots of rod storage but it sets high up in the water column maybe a lil too high for my bass fishing needs. idk i was just posting to see if i could get any advise on here ... thank you

ziggy

Admiral
Re: new boat decision??

based on this ad. i'd get the nitro. looks like nitro's have extra accessories ('the button') that may be needed at some point.. ;)

good luck in your decision..

3dees

Cadet
Re: new boat decision??

if your going to do a lot of bass fishing and tournaments, get a bass boat. the tracker and Nitro are more or less walleye boats with deeper hauls. great for trolling but not so much for shallow water. wind will push you around a lot more. can you fish from these? of course, but it won't be as effective. you may be sorry. believe me, been there, done that. worst purchase I ever made.