Not sure what I have here.

Damisdad

Cadet
My mother-in-law gave me this boat this past fall. She's not sure what year or make it is as she bought it used. Im in PA and shes in FL so i cant go look at it. I was just wondering if anyone could tell me a little about it or point me in the right direction. Thanks to all in advance.

Boat.jpg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Not sure what I have here.

She's not sure what year or make it is as she bought it used.

Ayuh,... Welcome Aboard,...

What does it say on the boat's paper work, aka; registration, title, or bill of sale,..??

sasto

Captain

I don't know the make....but she is really cool looking.

Which part of FL is she in?

IslandManMitch

Petty Officer 3rd Class

It has Florida numbers so that means there is a title somewhere with the info.

kfa4303

Banned

Ditto. There may also be a Hull ID number on the transom. They're usually in the top right hand corner. Looks like there is a model name painted on the side ,as well but I can't quite make it out in the pic.

Damisdad

Cadet

She's in the Gainesville area sasto. The boat is in storage so I will have to see if she can tell me from the title. I plan on going down to get it in the spring. Just wanted to do some research on it for kicks. Do some fantasy boating in my head through the winter..lol.. The closest I could get to a pic of one similar would be the Bowrider but I can't seem to find an exact model or year... Thanks all.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

Looks like an MFG. Also looks like it has a name on the side near the transom. What does it say?

Damisdad

Cadet

Thanks for the i.d. Jim. It is an MFG. The photos i have were too dark so, after some photo editing, i found the name on the side!.. "Gypsy Star". Researched it and found one that looks exactly like mine. 1978 MFG Gypsy Star. Thanks everyone for the replies. As soon as I bring it home i will post pics for sure! According to my mother in law it is in pristine shape. She had it out spring of last year and inside covered storage since..

kfa4303

Banned

Glad you got it figured out. Let us know when you go pick her up. There are lots of us in the forums who live in Florida. I live about 90 min north from G-ville in Tallahassee. It's famous for having a vastly superior university and football team than that which can be found in Gainesville, and don't get me started on the girls ;) It's never too early to start daydreaming. Try to come down early. The weather is great. It was about 75 here yesterday and I think I'll be in a t-shirt for xmas this year. Cheers. Congrats on the boat!

Go Noles!

riskibusiness

Petty Officer 2nd Class

That thing is cool. I'm diggin that disco pit in the bow

kfa4303

Banned

It looks like a hot tub, or something :)

Damisdad

Cadet

Hey Riski and Kfa. Yeah it is pretty "Groovy" looking.. Lol. I havent seen one like it before and can not find any pics of it on the net. Very little info really but I'm only about 3 hours from MFG in UnionCity so maybe I'll take a trip next summer.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Like riski said: 1970s disco style bowrider! But you need a polyester leisure suit to ride in it. LOL

Damisdad

Cadet
Lol.. Right?.. I like it. Probably gonna do a wet sand and maybe a metallic clear over it. And clean up the interior. Keep it original.

riskibusiness

Petty Officer 2nd Class

If you ever redo the interior, they acctualy sell metalflake shiny vinal. That would look sick

Damisdad

Cadet
Not sure what the actual condition of the current interior is now. But if it does need replaced i will definatly check in to that!