What is this Prop?

Bigrthanur

Cadet
I just purchased a boat and the owner gave me this prop but was not sure if it was for my boat or not. The boat I have now is a merc alpha one with a 4.3L. This prop seems to be able to change the pitch with the speed it is spinning. Does anyone have any information on this thing?

Thanks!!

DSCF1036.jpgDSCF1037.jpgDSCF1035.jpg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: What is this Prop?

Ayuh,... That is a Land & Sea, Torque-Shift prop...

Depending on the model, it runs from 11" at idle to up to 26" at Wot...
The top number is tune-able by turnin' the set screws...

Bigrthanur

Cadet

Interesting......Can you tell if it fits my outdrive by looking at it? Also is it worth anything it has a few small chips in the prop.

This is my first I/O boat. my first boat was a 15ft outboard.

Thanks

Bondo

Staff member

Interesting......Can you tell if it fits my outdrive by looking at it? Also is it worth anything it has a few small chips in the prop.

This is my first I/O boat. my first boat was a 15ft outboard.

Thanks

Ayuh,... It Appears that it would fit....

In that condition, without it's dedicated mounting hardware,...
Maybe a couple hundred, or less...

They were approchin' a Grand when they went outa production..

Bigrthanur

Cadet

I started taking the prop apart and doing some research......This thing looks like something Im going to try but want to make sure its in good order first. I found some additional cams that came with the prop but have some small nicks in it but look better than the ones in the prop shaft. Anyone know if the nicks will cause an issue? or what the numbers mean on them. they seem to look identical.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DSCF1040.jpgDSCF1041.jpg

Bondo

Staff member

I started taking the prop apart and doing some research......This thing looks like something Im going to try but want to make sure its in good order first. I found some additional cams that came with the prop but have some small nicks in it but look better than the ones in the prop shaft. Anyone know if the nicks will cause an issue? or what the numbers mean on them. they seem to look identical.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ayuh,.... Here's Everything you could ever want to know about that prop....

Bondo

Staff member

Nope,... Haven't chatted with him lately either....

I do know it's a 1 man show,...
He's a retired school teacher, who bought the remaining stock, 'n rights from L&S...