1990 Spectrum Transom Replacement

Grunt2

Recruit
Anybody out there replace a 1990 Spectrum (1906) transom...? What to expect?

GT1000000

Rear Admiral
Re: 1990 Spectrum Transom Replacement

Hey Grunt2,

Glad to see you started your thread.

OK, first off, you are in the right place to find out anything you need to know about replacing your transom.

I am not one of the pros here, just one of the guys going through the same "boat" [ pun intended ]...I am doing a complete restoration on my bass boat, and I can tell you one thing for sure...the guys here know their stuff and will be along soon to help you out...

One teeny tiny problem is that the experts are following a ton of threads at one time and today, Sunday, is probably one of the busiest days for them...

So, just give 'em a little time and they will soon be here to help out...

Now for a basic ground rule, all of us here are suckers for lots of pictures. Post pics using the "Go Advanced" feature, and you can check out this thread for more info on posting pics... http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=410147.

I know very little about boats, but if you have a fiberglass boat, chances are you will be doing the transom replacement pretty much just like the rest of us...
Tearing stuff out, a lot of wonderful grinding, some wood cutting, a bunch of fiberglassing, a lot of itching, sweating, bleeding, and enjoyment...:eek:

If, on the other hand you have a Aluminum boat, you will probably only have to tear a bunch of stuff out, cut and epoxy or fiberglass some wood, maybe bang a few rivits, sweat, bleed, and enjoy...:facepalm:

Best of Luck,
GT1M

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1990 Spectrum Transom Replacement

Welcome to iBoats!
I believe this is a welded aluminum boat. the Tin boat experts will be along shortly to give you advice. In the mean time you should post some pics of the stern of the boat both inside and out, the transom area inside and out especiallythe corners and bracing so they can see what you're up against.

WelcomeAboard.JPG