Busch is Gone...........

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral
Re: Busch is Gone...........

Nope, Can't blame them at all. Wonder if it will be a pattern and Kyle will be next....

QC

Supreme Mariner

He'll get a ride, and I bet soon. Initially it may not be top tier, but he has the highest ranked Champions exemption so he will get in every race no matter what equipment. The only question is will he accept a second tier ride . . . There's nothing really out there unless Red Bull gets a buyer. Tough time to be looking.

Yesterday I was confused about his possible replacement, but that sure looks like David Ragan.

bigdee

Commander

Nascar has grown too big for it's britches and has taken the home town feel out of the sport,so I really don't care anymore. I grew up amidst(and was part of) the roots and heritage of Nascar when it was a respectable sport that every backyard tinkerer could relate to......today it is $$$$,snobs and contracts.

joed

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Actually I think the sponsor, Shell Pennzoil got fed up.

drrpm

Senior Chief Petty Officer

When I saw the title I thought of Busch beer.

bassman284

Commander

It has baffled me that Penske didn't cut him loose a long time ago. I've been following Indycar racing for almost 40 years and am very familiar with the Penske "mystique." He fired two top drivers, Tom Sneva and Paul Tracy, basically for being out-spoken and undignified, but they wer never abusive like Shrub.

Watching him tolerate Busch's behavior for so long led me to believe Roger might be going soft in the head.

Attached is busch's "statement" on rpm2night, if you want to watch something truly bizarre.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpTvwrqBNoU&feature=player_embedded

DaNinja

Lieutenant

When I saw the title I thought of Busch beer.
When I first saw the title here and on several other forums, I immediately thought it was going to be about Kyle. While Kurt being let go doesn't surprise me, I would've thought Kyle would get the axe first.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Maybe Kurt & Kyle should start their own racing team. Bash Brothers Racing

DaNinja

Lieutenant

My dream finish would be a tight points race between Kyle, Kurt, and Kasey going into Homestead. On the final lap Kurt is 2nd behind Kyle with Kasey in 3rd. On the final turn Kurt dumps Kyle and secures the win while Kasey eeks out enough points with 2nd to win the championship.

I then would love to have a film crew at Grandma Busch's house that year for the family Thanksgiving and Christmas dinners. :D

Man...that sounded spiteful in my head, but it looks downright sinister in type. :cool:

QC

Supreme Mariner

I was interested in the Busch Thanksgiving this year too . . . :eek:

emilsr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It has baffled me that Penske didn't cut him loose a long time ago. I've been following Indycar racing for almost 40 years and am very familiar with the Penske "mystique." He fired two top drivers, Tom Sneva and Paul Tracy, basically for being out-spoken and undignified, but they wer never abusive like Shrub.

Watching him tolerate Busch's behavior for so long led me to believe Roger might be going soft in the head.

Attached is busch's "statement" on rpm2night, if you want to watch something truly bizarre.

Penske is a smart team owner; has been for years. I'm sure he had his reasons.

As for Sneva, I always thought he was fired for tearing up equipment. The guy probably holds the record for most crashes at Indy....we used to bet on which lap he'd crash on. None of us won the time he crashed on the pace lap.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

That was so scripted it almost made me want to hurl. I like how he said he wasn't having any fun and he walked away. Penske dumped his butt. He may have a tough time finding a new ride. Owners may not want the baggage that comes with Kurt. There's a few guys looking for rides next year. Reutimann being one.....

QC

Supreme Mariner

Interesting note. I saw a special yesterday on Speed re: Kurt . . . One of the reporters talked to a crew member and he said (QC paraphrase) "For four hours on Sunday the abuse on the radio was really hard to take, but Kurt was very good to us at all other times, and we knew we had a chance to win every race." The point the reporter made was that the crew and staff liked him a lot despite his issues.

WIMUSKY

Staff member

Kurt Busch and Penske Racing have parted ways after yet another embarrassing incident for the 2004 NASCAR champion.
Penske Racing says in a Monday statement it is evaluating its options for the No. 22 Dodge.
The split comes after six bumpy years for Busch and Penske. Although Busch won 10 races since joining the organization in 2006, his meltdowns on his team radio were notorious and two crew chiefs have left the team in the last three years.Busch also sparred this season with the media more than usual, and was fined $50,000 last month by NASCAR after he was caught on video by a fan being verbally abusive to an ESPN reporter.
Busch admitted last week he is seeing a sports psychologist for what he called personal issues.

However, I'm not completley sure on the reasoning of the 2 crew chiefs leaving. Most of the time it's due to the lack of performance by the driver. Whether it had anything to do with Kurt's antics, I really don't know. I don't follow the Busch boyz except when they're spouting off.....

Don S

I don't follow the Busch boyz except when they're spouting off.....

Oh? If that's the case you must be watching them all the time :p ;)

GA_Boater

Oh? If that's the case you must be watching them all the time :p ;)

+100 for that one Don. I think that video was nothing more than a disgusting PR move. He was reading from a script trying to get a "fun" ride. Boy, grow up! It's not about fun, it's about business, pure and simple.

QC

Supreme Mariner

BTW, did you guys hear that the vehicle he flipped off was in fact a US Secret Service vehicle that was in the Michelle Obama entourage? I assumed it was a bad rumor at first, but that was reported on Speed last night as well. I am guessing that didn't help matters much . . . :eek:

LippCJ7

Vice Admiral

BTW, did you guys hear that the vehicle he flipped off was in fact a US Secret Service vehicle that was in the Michelle Obama entourage? I assumed it was a bad rumor at first, but that was reported on Speed last night as well. I am guessing that didn't help matters much . . . :eek:

Ok I take whatever bad things I said about KB back with my sincerest apologies:D

rbh

Fleet Admiral

I haven't watched nascar since they stopped running big blocks!!, did I miss anything?? :D