Extra bunks

Eazzy

Seaman
I have a 18' Pro Team Tracker alum. with 1 set of 10' bunks under it came from the factory like this ,am thinking of adding another set under it in the middle, would they need to be as long or could they be shorter? 6' Or would this put extra pressure on the hull where they stop. The reason for adding the bunks at the back end is the boat has 75 hp motor 2 batteries and a 23 gal gas tank. Thanks

robert graham

Admiral
Re: Extra bunks

You can do it but I doubt it's necessary. I run an 18' jon boat with lots of gas, coolers, ice, gear, etc. and the bunks are fine like they are. If you add a couple of bunks it could take some adjusting to ensure that the boat is in fact resting on all 4 bunks, otherwise could be a waste of time. The hull of your boat is plenty strong enough to support all your gas and gear. You could fairly easily just double your bunk boards to make them twice as wide to help spread the load, if it would make you feel better. Good Luck!:)

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Re: Extra bunks

You can do it but I doubt it's necessary. The hull of your boat is plenty strong enough to support all your gas and gear. Good Luck!:)

Agree with this. If it were a glass boat I would most likely have a different opinion.