recommended prop

Greg Waters

Recruit
Hello fellow boaters i just bought my first boat this year in september its a bayliner bowerider 15'7" with an 85 force outboard on it and love it. Well the thing is now i noticed the lastime i looked at my prop it was beat up a lil bit...I would like to replace it but would like the stock pitch and size i noticed it has a 13x19 prop now is this correct. And if anyone would know cheapestest place to order a new prop i don't have a lot of cash even a used prop referbished would do.any help greatly appreciated thank u i look forward to hearing from you.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: recommended prop

Well, greg---Those props are available right here on iboats stores in a number of models (most are Michigan brands). However, if money is a factor, they can be bought used and in good condition off the auctions.

13 X 19 sounds about right for the size hull you have but you really need to know what RPM the engine is turning at wide open throttle. It should be in the 5000 to 5500 RPM range.

Additionally, if the 13 X 19 is correct but you like to water ski or wakeboard==or if you have kids that do-- Then you might also want a 13 X 17 for those times when the extra load would call for the better acceleration that prop would afford.

I have a couple of those props in a number of pitches. See my private message to you.

Greg Waters

Recruit
Re: recommended prop

Thank you i appreciate it and ill check out your p.m have a good day