information on serial number

jbrphil

Seaman Apprentice
Hi,

I was wondering if anyone who can pull information on repair history, engine type, etc...its ot344823 and ot345781...they are mercury 225hp optimax.

Thanks

carholme

Rear Admiral
Re: information on serial number

S/n 0T345781 comes up as a model:

1225D84YD MERCURY 2001 225DFI

S/n OT344823 comes up as a model:

1225D83YD MERCURY 2001 225DFI

Parts listing for both:

http://www.crowleymarine.com/mercury-outboard/5358.cfm

Service Manual P/N: 90-859769R03

http://1manual.com/Mercury manuals/Service Manual PDFs/OptiMax/859769r1/cover.pdf

You must have Adobe Acrobat reader installed to use this manual. If you scroll down to the lower part of the opening page, you will see the various engine components in red. Click on the one you want and when the first page opens, click on the "Save As" icon at the top LH corner of the page and you can save it to your computer.

Gerry

jbrphil

Seaman Apprentice

thanks for information but what about services like repairs history?

John

jbrphil

Seaman Apprentice

the cover of manual says starting serial number og960500 which its not mine. are u sure its right?

carholme

Rear Admiral

Look in the Parts listing under Service/Support Material and you will see:

90-859769R03 | SM O/B 200/225DFI

0G960500 is just the STARTING s/n in year 2000. The difference in the R01 vs the R03 is the revision status and if you want the latest, you can always pay the $99 for it.

Gerry

jbrphil

Seaman Apprentice

99 dollars each outboard for information? or both?

John

carholme

Rear Admiral

Well, I gave you a link to the online manual for free and the P/N for it if you wish to purchase one. As you have two engines which are both the same, I would think one manual for two engines would suffice, ie; $99 for one manual.

Gerry

jbrphil

Seaman Apprentice

Gerry, thanks for online but it has only three pages, not complete manual. What about repairs history? I brought the boat from someone else and of course I never trust his word saying no problem! I just want to see the history of repairs if there is one? like car.

John

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

Take the serial numbers to a dealer and he should be able to check it or call Merc as they will tell ya if any warranty repairs have been done and filed by a dealer..

jbrphil

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks! I will stop by the dealer to see if they can check on it.

carholme

Rear Admiral

I don't know how to make this any simpler but as I posted previously:

You must have Adobe Acrobat reader installed to use this manual. If you scroll down to the lower part of the opening page, you will see the various engine components in red. Click on the one you want and when the first page opens, click on the "Save As" icon at the top LH corner of the page and you can save it to your computer.

I just checked and all of the various sections are available to you.

Gerry

jbrphil

Seaman Apprentice

wow...fancy! much easier to use than book...should buy Ipad so I can use it while working on motor! THANKS!

John