Cops refuse to evict 103 year old woman.

Bubba1235

No longer on Forums
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2011/11/police-movers-refuse-to-evict-103-year-old-woman/

For the sheriff?s deputies and movers commissioned by JP Morgan Chase, who issued the foreclosure on behalf of Deutsche Bank, to evict the family would have been near-heartless.

I'll admit it, I couldn't have done it either. Sorry but there are times when $$$ just aren't a good enough reason. I think there might be a special place in "the hot place" for anyone that would.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral
Re: Cops refuse to evict 103 year old woman.

Read this yesterday and was going to share here so glad you did.

She stated "When I am gone (pass away) Y'all can do whatever you want"

But her 85 year old daughter would be on the street. 85...wow

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

Can you imagine how the LEO's felt when they got inside and seen who they were evicting? "Bill, go ahead and carry her to the curb". "Umm, ah, no. Can't do it Sarge".

The call back to the bank from the LEO is what I wanna hear.

rivermouse

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sounds like something BOA would do. Todays news says BOA has evicted thousands of families of active soldiers while they were gone to fight....

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Sounds like something BOA would do. Todays news says BOA has evicted thousands of families of active soldiers while they were gone to fight....

The mortgage on the house hasn't been paid in at least 3 years.

southkogs

Staff member

I think I would have struggled as the Sheriff or mover as well, and I think Chase is right to reconsider evicting a 104 woman ...

However, there is a heckuva lotta' responsibility on this lady's family that they are (IMHO) pawning off on Chase. The house was purchased by a grandson, and he hasn't paid on the place in years. Basically, the grandson is leaving his mother & grandmother to survive their remaining years in a stolen home. That's sick. And while I empathize, it's really wrong that Chase has to pick up the tab for this family.

Chase should reclaim the house, issue a 10 year renewable or end-of-life lease at $0 per month to the Ms. Hall and protect their asset (while being kind and gracious to an old woman) - then nail the grandson to the financial wall.

Beefer

Lieutenant Commander

I think I would have struggled as the Sheriff or mover as well, and I think Chase is right to reconsider evicting a 104 woman ...

However, there is a heckuva lotta' responsibility on this lady's family that they are (IMHO) pawning off on Chase. The house was purchased by a grandson, and he hasn't paid on the place in years. Basically, the grandson is leaving his mother & grandmother to survive their remaining years in a stolen home. That's sick. And while I empathize, it's really wrong that Chase has to pick up the tab for this family.

Chase should reclaim the house, issue a 10 year renewable or end-of-life lease at $0 per month to the Ms. Hall and protect their asset (while being kind and gracious to an old woman) - then nail the grandson to the financial wall.

That is an awesome idea! You should send it to Chase, and see if it's something they could do. :)

GTS225

Petty Officer 3rd Class

And while I empathize, it's really wrong that Chase has to pick up the tab for this family.

I disagree that Chase "has to pick up the tab for this family". I look at it a bit differently.......did not the previous and current administration rig up a housing industry bailout, using taxpayer dollars? and did not all those millions go to the largest banks, while at the same time, those banks got to keep the notes on those homes? Sounds a lot like double-dipping in my opinion. I suggest that we taxpayers picked up the tab on the house, not Chase.

As for the rest of your idea....sounds workable, and as a taxpayer, I think Chase should be falling all over themselves to get it expedited.

Roger

greenbush future

Lieutenant Commander

How easy it is to point a finger at the note holder and say Bad Bad, when in reality it's the family members who have failed this old person. Shame on them for letting this happen, I would bet it was all a plan to screw the bank, betting on natural events, so to speak and our elected one's pathetic $$ give away! 3 years is quite generous and BTW I'll bet we are paying for that too. With all the bank guarantees, none of these banks are in any hurry, why, because they are double dipping they get reimbursed from the feds, then keep the house and all proceeds too. I am aware of 2 other home owners who are well into there 3rd year, of us paying for their house. Bank is doing nothing wrong, family on the other hand is where I would be looking to say- nice job!! NOT!!

It would be nice to see the media do a story on family abandonment, not the cops just doing their jobs!!!