Pictures of the great northerns abandoned trestles Phoenix BC

rbh

Fleet Admiral
A couple of pics we took of the abandoned Great northern RR spur line into Phoenix BC, this was on heck of a big trestle in its day and it was horse shoe shaped.

Phoenix40001.jpg

Phoenix50001.jpg

This is how it origanally looked before it was decomissioned and overgrown.

trestle.jpg

And this was the origanal town site, till they dug it up for the copper under it.

Phoenix20001.jpg

Bigprairie1

Commander
Re: Pictures of the great northerns abandoned trestles Phoenix BC

Beautiful pics Rob, hard to beat the scenery in B.C!!!......They recently restored the (Wooden Railway) Kinsole Trestle locally here which is a really neat 'walkway' across the valley now....plus a very nice 20 minute hike in and out. I think its now part of the Canada Trail? Did they fully restore the Kettle Valley railway stuff yet?
All Good
BP:):cool:

rbh

Fleet Admiral

Beautiful pics Rob, hard to beat the scenery in B.C!!!......They recently restored the (Wooden Railway) Kinsole Trestle locally here which is a really neat 'walkway' across the valley now....plus a very nice 20 minute hike in and out. I think its now part of the Canada Trail? Did they fully restore the Kettle Valley railway stuff yet?
All Good
BP:):cool:

They completed the rebuild on the trestles in Myra canyon and above kelowna a few years back, as you can see from my pics it was all big timber framing back then and as well as the replacement trestles that got burnt out.
The trestle your talking about is part of the Galloping Goose??, that one was huge (by Duncan BC??)
Next time you go up the Coq look up ladner creek and when you get to larson hill look into the valley.

I was going to dirt bike the last remaining sections (besides the COQ, little to no access) that I have not done this fall Castlegar to Christina lake and Princeton to Coalmont, but ran out of time.

(I added a picture of it in one piece)

southkogs

Staff member

Very cool shots.

JRJ

Commander

I enjoyed the pics. Thanks...

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I guess BC's alternate translation is Beautiful Country.

Great pix, Rob.

robert graham

Admiral

Great photos!...plenty of good timber there to build a great cabin or lodge up on one of those mountain tops...guess you'd need a helicopter to salvage that lumber!....:)

puddle jumper

Captain

I guess BC's alternate translation is Beautiful Country.

Great pix, Rob.

Not saying your part of the word JB does not have its jaw droping places. But BC can spoil you in any direction you look.