Sevylor FH 360 front trolling motor mount

Hello plp. I am David from spain. (excuse me for my english)

I have a FH360 customized with floor and a trusted 32 lb (with the stuff for that).

I cheked that the sevylor fh360 can mount a 3cv/+/- 3hp 4 stroke motor and i have a question.

Anyone have done a front trolling motor support in this boat?.

We go to fish 3 plp arround 200-240 Kg weight plus 2 motors + floor + stuff... Maybe is a little overweight?.

Otherwise. I see that the sevylor trolling motor of 18lb uses a little holes in the front of the boat to support the trolling but this kind of support system isnt stable imo.

Any ideas?. Anyone DiY the front mirror in this boat?.

Tyvm for all plp. Ty for this forum and for all coments in sevylor floorboard. ty another time and sorry for my suck... english.

Re: Sevylor FH 360 front trolling motor mount

Well maybe nobody done it before. When i done it myself i show all the proccess. Ty otherwise. cya

Hello.

I am baging to work in this proyect. Mateials:

1. sevylor trollingo motor mirror (arround 70usd)
2. Iron tubes or copper ones (try to find in metal trash)

Teh proyects looks like image bellow.

front_trolling_v5.JPG

I must to inflate the boat to check if it is posible to use little holders of the front of the boat.

btate2329

Cadet

escapewithromeo,

I have extensive experience with boating / fishing using this exact boat and eventually found a Sevylor Fish Master FM325 that is far better and more usable with both a transom-mounted gas outboard and bow-mounted trolling motor. I use mine regularly on Lake Grapevine in Texas and can go anywhere (even pack it all up or put it on our RAV4 roof rack)!

Sevylor actually makes a special mount to use with your Fish Hunter series boat to use a trolling motor on the bow.
Here's the link to this mount on a site who operates the Sevylor Outlet site as well

http://www.shipstore.com/SS/HTML/SEV/SEVMMPR.html

Too bad you spent so much time trying to make one! Just remember this rule of thumb about boats and other vehicles (if you can't buy accessories for them - don't buy them to begin with!) You really need to find both the camo boat boot and OEM floorboards if you want to really enjoy this boat with some usability. The quality of this boat is rather poor compared to their previous models (such as the FM325) which are discontinued as of 2010. Also to note, the Sevylor trolling motor works perfectly with this mount provided you only plan to use it on the bow.

Enjoy,

Brian Tate
Tate Concepts

Brian Tate,

At first thank you for reply and nice to meet you.

Quote --> (if you can't buy accessories for them - don't buy them to begin with!).. ggg Sure mate, but this days in dont have enought money to spend on a better boat o new stuff for the hf 360.

I dont know how to works the "SEVMMPR" ref or how to install but, i think that the problem of this stuff is that the weight of the motor is to high for the little holes of the boat (imo) and this hole breakes soon i think.

The sevylor "camo boot" was imposible to find in my country maybe in us market can be find but in spain is imposible or near.

About the usability of the boat with 3 plp is very good with the wood floodboard(custom) imo but inst it a bass-tracker or nitro :p.

Finally we take the choice to use the sevylor mm3 motor mount to use it on the bow and we make a newer and heavy motor mount for the 4stroke gas one.

We use 2 clothes line supports and a piece of wood to make it. Actually we cant try allready but "sounds good". We buy a suzuki DF2.5S 1,8Kw and 13Kg/ (28.6600 lb OR 28 lb and 10.56 oz).

I promise to make photos of the boat and stuffs here when we begin the fish season.

Brian tyvm for ur help and excuse me for my english. regards