Water spilling out of fleetwin cover. . .

Kelpy

Seaman Apprentice
Motor 7.5.jpg

I can't find out where it is coming out of. I live a ways from the lake and this morning the outboard was spewing water out of every hole on the cowling. I had to shut it off and tried to find the leak. . . no luck, I was thinking that maybe water got in there and froze and cracked something but again, no cracks that I can see. My question is, is there supposed to be a plug in this hole? Is this my source of the fountain?

Thanks for any help, if this is fine any pointers on where to look would be great. Oh yeah, the water wasn't spraying out, just a full bottom of the cowling and water draining out. . .

Thanks, Kelpy

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Water spilling out of fleetwin cover. . .

Yep, more like a gusher than a leak. Part number 306442 core plug. There are 3 of them, the one you are looking at, and one on the top and one on the bottom of the head. You might as well order three while you are at it, because they are notorious for rotting out. You don't have to remove the head for access to the bottom one, just remove the rear half of the lower cowling.

Kelpy

Seaman Apprentice

Got the parts on order! Thanks for the number. . .

Kelpy

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

Yep, I had that happen once. I just took a short shanked plug and tapped the hole to accept it and locktited it in there. If you could get a factory plug to work in there, all the better.