Outdrive, What Model?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABS7

Recruit
Great forum, I've read a lot of threads, but this is my first post. I want to order a shop manual for the lower unit, but not sure what I have. It is a Volvo Penta DP. The serial # is 3102122635 other info. on the tag is DP-C 872206 2,30. Not new to boating, but this is my first pontoon. Its a 92 Playcraft 24 foot. Motor is a Volvo 431-V-6. Also who supplies the best manual?
Thanks for your help.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Outdrive, What Model?

The serial # is 3102122635 other info. on the tag is DP-C 872206 2,30.

It's a DP-C model drive.

Also who supplies the best manual?

Look in the stickies at the top of the forum to download manual and much more.

95regalskip

Cadet
Re: Outdrive, What Model?

Hello all,

I am new to the forum and this is my first post. I have been messing around in boats for years. This is my first outdrive rig.

I have recently purchased a 1995 Regal 256 with a VP Duo Prop.
I am trying to figure out which drive I have also. I have purchased a Clymer manual for the drives.

When I looked at the boat for the second time, I noticed that the props were bent. The dealer said it had happened when they 'parked' the boat and trailer in the yard and they would have the props repaired for the sea trial. They did. However, they did not replace the sac. zink and I would like to instal a new one.

When I search for a zink, all I find are zinks for a 280 or 290 drive.
If I read the manual correctly, I think I have a DP-C1 outdrive. Or where can I find the serial number/model number? The exhaust is not through the prop hub. If that is true, which zink do I need? also, which prop wrench do I need to remove the forward prop?

Also have a port side leaking trim cyl. that I am going to try and reseal with out completely removing the cyl. from the trans. I think I can pull the ram and reseal and reinstal in-place. What are your thoughts on that endever?

Any help is greatly appriciated.

Thanks in advance,

Skip

Status
Not open for further replies.