New Winner (?) owner from Germany

ton_sohn

Recruit
Hello everybody,

I just found this forum when I tried to identify my "new" boat. :confused: But let me say some words about me first. My name is Sebastian, I am 34 years old and come from the north of Germany (so please do not be too critical about my English). Last week I bought a nice motorboat but I don't know who was the manufacturer, I even can't find anything about it in the documents (there it says: manufacturer unknown). So I registered in a German boat forum an someone told me it might be a Winner boat and some other guy posted that your site might help! And so: here I am! :)

But I just don't want to write about the boat, I will also show it to you. Some of the pictures were taken before I started to restore it this weekend and some while I was taking everything out that was rotten. You won't believe it but one of the former owners filled the hollow spaces of the bottom with installation / construction foam and then put a wooden floor over it. Everything got wet and became turf... :eek: They also seemed to have stiffen the transom with a cutting board. When filling the hollow spaces they also blocked the drain valve and the wooden panel inside the transom turned into turf as well. So I had to open the transom and will have to rebuild it. :(

In the Thread "Lets have a look at your boats" I saw a boat of the member "Edward C" that really looks like mine. And in another thread I found a Winner Piranha that also looks like my boat. Do you think that it could be one? It is about 13 to 14 feet long. In the transom is a small embossing that says PA/35 . I still wonder how the boat could find it's way to Germany if it really is a Winner...

Attachments

• IMG_0449.jpg
    IMG_0449.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0457.jpg
    IMG_0457.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0458.jpg
    IMG_0458.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 1

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander
Re: New Winner (?) owner from Germany

That rub rail looks exactly like the one on my 1973 Winner Marauder. It was a closed bow.
If that is a 1973, you should find the H.I.N. stamped into the fiberglass just below the rail on the starboard transom.

ton_sohn

Recruit
Re: New Winner (?) owner from Germany

Yes, the rub rail of the Winner Marauder really looks the same! But the Marauder ist 16 ft long and my boat only 13 ft.
And unfortunately, there is nothing stamped on the starboard side. But on the port side there is this "PA / 35" stamped into the fiberglass of the transom.
I attached another picture that shows the boat more from the front.

Many thank's to everybody, maybe we can solve this riddle together :)

Sebastian

Attachments

• IMG_0452.jpg
    IMG_0452.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1