1967 Mercury 650 lower unit seal kit part number.

tgp***

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Looking for a part number to find a lower unit seal kit for my 67' 650 merc.

thanks in advance

merc850

Commander
Re: 1967 Mercury 650 lower unit seal kit part number.

You could try a Mercury dealer, I don't know if they sell a kit usually you have to buy pieces - if a dealer can't help try this site or http://store.oldmercs.com/.

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner

As posted Merc or any aftermarket suppliers doesn't not offer a kit for this as there was several different driveshafts and water pump bases depending on serial # range. You will need to order separately and iBoats should have them as a Sierra item.

ThumbPkr

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am not sure if there is a difference between the '67 and '69 model years or not but I just bought a kit for my '69 with no problem.It appears as though there are enough extra parts in the kit that I did not need which would suggest to me that the kit would fit other models than mine.
If you get the NAPA marine catalog they are listed in there along with the individual seals if you wish to buy them that way.
Iboats should have what you need right here unless there is a difference between the models years that I am not aware of.Their kits are Sierra as is the NAPA kits.
Once you have the part number in hand you might check out the ebay listings which is where I bought mine at a significant savings which turned out to be the Sierra brand as well.Ron G