Looking for a boat ramp or gangway jack with a wheel

gil_happy

Cadet
Hi,

I am looking to purchase a jack for the ramp or gangway of my dock that has a wheel so that when the water gets low, I can jack the wheel down and push the dock out to deeper water. I don't think a tongue jack is quite what I'm looking for as these wheels are usually small (4") and the wheel swivels. I'm looking for a jack that has a stationary wheel that is probably 8" in diameter and larger and allows me to jack the wheel off the ground when not needed (so the ramp sits on the lake bed), and then lifts the entire ramp off the lake bed when jacked the other way when it needs to be pushed out to deeper water. I prefer one that needs to be welded, but if not, I can always bolt it to my dock.

I am having difficultly searching on the net finding this type of jack, however I did find a listing on eBay of an expired listing at:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Jacks-Boat-...-Pair-/270813193825?item=270813193825&vxp=mtr

I contacted the seller and they indicated that don't have any more in stock, and aren't sure when they will be getting more in the future.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

JDA1975

Lieutenant
Re: Looking for a boat ramp or gangway jack with a wheel

make sure you check with your local laws as well...here we cannot have anything mounted on the dock that touches bottom...must be secured using wires to the shore...just verify your lake allows it, because ours has some pretty steep fines for unauthorized dock mods

JDA1975

Lieutenant

make sure you check with your local laws as well...here we cannot have anything mounted on the dock that touches bottom...must be secured using wires to the shore...just verify your lake allows it, because ours has some pretty steep fines for unauthorized dock mods

Ignore that...totally misread, and thought something else, does not apply to this in the least bit lol.

gil_happy

Cadet

Ignore that...totally misread, and thought something else, does not apply to this in the least bit lol.

No problem... BTW, it looks like the set (including wheels) is about $190.00

gil_happy

Cadet

I contacted the vendor today and it looks like they do NOT include or have the mounting hardware... it is only the wheel and the axel.

Back to square one.... any new suggestions?

cyclops2

Banned

Your post # 1 sure looks like all the rotating tongue jacks I have seen.
Just need one that can take some big wheels.