diagrams for evinrude starflite 90s

hi i just baught a evinrude starflite 90s and im in need of knowing how to tune and repair this motor i cant seem to find a damn thing on the internet for this motor not evan a simple wireing diagram if anyone can help that would be great

Re: diagrams for evinrude starflite 90s

thankyou for the welcome but i do not know where to find my model number as the plate seems to be missing any ideas where else i could possibly find this number?:)

F_R

Supreme Mariner

The Starflite 90-S was made 1964 and 1965. The electrical wiring was different as night and day betwen the two. 1964 had a junction box mounted in the boat. 1965 has diodes mounted on the side of the flywheel guard, and a finned voltage regulator on the rear of the powerhead, no junction box.

Look for a quarter-sized disc on the powerhead, near the rectangular plate on the top, with the model and serial number stamped on it.

EDIT: IF you have a 1964 and you don't have the junction box, you have a problem. That stuff is worth as much as the whole rest of the motor. Likewise, the push-button remote control....got that??? The control was used both years.

Mine is a 65 then I have the power unit at the back no junction box I will have a look and let you know thank you for you're help

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Of course we all know why both numbers would "fall" off, right?

ahhhh if you are thinking that the motor is stolen you would be wrong maby im looking in the wrong place but would this be the number a0011232 its on the power head i came on here asking for a little help because i dont know a great deal about this motor but i certainly am not a theif

DSCI0044.jpg would you know what this is on the dizzy in the red square? im trying to find out where it conects and what is dose

F_R

Supreme Mariner

ahhhh if you are thinking that the motor is stolen you would be wrong maby im looking in the wrong place but would this be the number a0011232 its on the power head i came on here asking for a little help because i dont know a great deal about this motor but i certainly am not a theif

Nobody accused you of being a thief. But a 46 year old motor probably has changed hands a few times. One of those hands MAY have been a little crooked. HOWEVER, that number came off a round disk, right? That would be the serial number. If so, it was built in Australia, right? Since it is not removed, maybe it isnt stolen after all.

Send me a PM including your e-mail address if you want some help with a wiring diagram. Can't post copyrighted material. That would be theivery.

F_R

Supreme Mariner

Now you know the year and serial number. The model number would be 90582, (short shaft) or 90583 (long shaft), or 90592 (short shaft), or 90593 (long shaft). Otherwise, the different numbers are because of color choice.

The thing in the picture is the safety switch. Prevents starting the motor at high throttle settings.

how do you know if it is a long or shot shaft and would this diagram have this safety switch on it because i dont see the dizzy on there