promised pics ihope

wilieha

Seaman Apprentice
here are some pictures of what it looked like when I got it home. 24' Starcraft 1947/90hp YAMAHA

Attachments

• GEDC0367 (800x600) (800x600) (800x600).jpg
    GEDC0367 (800x600) (800x600) (800x600).jpg
    74 KB · Views: 0
  • GEDC0369 (800x600) (800x600).jpg
    GEDC0369 (800x600) (800x600).jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 0
  • GEDC0379.jpg
    GEDC0379.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 0
  • GEDC0368.jpg
    GEDC0368.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 0

MinUph

Chief Petty Officer
Re: promised pics ihope

Is the deck bowed as in pic 3?

wilieha

Seaman Apprentice

No the deck is not bowed I do not know what makes it look like that. The next picture is of the same side from aft quarter and it does not show up there.

slim hays

Cadet

Not a bad looking boat ....what about the deck, is it pretty solid?

wilieha

Seaman Apprentice

Yes the deck is solid but has indoor-outdoor house carpet laid over roofing felt. I haven't made any decision about what will happen there other than it must be replaced sooner rather than later. I have thought about truck bed liner or some other coating but haven't really got there yet.

slim hays

Cadet

I think when it gets to the point where I have to replace ours, I'm thinking about the textured flooring they have for boats...Don't know what the cost is but have seen several pontoons with it and looks great and would be easy to keep clean!!

lncoop

Vice Admiral

I wouldn't recommend truck bed liner. If you don't want carpet there are several alternatives. Here's one. http://www.marideck.net/aboutus.htm If you do decide to go with carpet there are several good places to find it. This is a good resource for all kinds of stuff you'll end up needing. http://www.pontoonstuff.com/ You may have already found it. Nice folks. I notice the bunks are laid flat on that trailer. You may be done with the trailer by now, but if it's feasible I'd suggest re-installing them at an angle. That will make for easier loading. Good luck. Looking forward to seeing how she comes out.:cool:

wilieha

Seaman Apprentice

Yep I am sure to go with something like that or some synthetic coating but for right now its not in the budget. I am about ready to put it back on the remodeled trailer for on the water check out.

wilieha

Seaman Apprentice

I have removed over 500 lbs. from the trailer and added the second axle and angled bunk mounts. I will be changing from 14.5 mobile home trailer tires to 10 inch wide tires before any long road trip- These will do for now. I found some 20 foot 2x6 fir lumber and used a modern wood treatment that will not react with the aluminum and am deciding about what to use to cover the bunks.

lncoop

Vice Admiral

Cool willie. Great job so far. I'd say good old bunk carpet will serve you well. Cheap and pretty durable.

wilieha

Seaman Apprentice

Agreed. I ordered it today from PS while dodging thunderstorms and tornadoes. If weather holds it will get painted soon then all that will be left is hubs wheels and tires. Also have removed most of the 23 years of gunk,crud and oxidation from toons. Will begin finishing pontoons soon as i decide either sand or try rubbing compound then plan on clear coating them at very least a couple coats of polish-maybe?