Winter project

Iquinn

Recruit
I picked up this boat for free for a winter project and was told to look up a forum for any help, this one looked like the best. It's a 1973 15foot reinell tri hull. the floor is complete remove and everything else is gutted also, no motor either. But it did come with a bow mount trolling motor so thats a plus. The main thing i want to get done before the spring is the floor. My plan is to use this boat for fishing and for fun. I have the floor put in on the bow, which i thought was really simple. the rest is kind of kicking my ***. I didn't have old floor to go off of so this is a big guessing game for me. I'm just looking for suggestions from others on what to do. my major problem is, that i have never done this before. So if anyone one has been up the same creek i am i would like to hear from you. pictures would really help also
thank you

proshadetree

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Winter project

I was in the same shape with my bayliner. I had fair seats that I wanted to refit. If you are not going for original just build to suit yourself. It will be faster and less headache. Pattern can be made for cardboard to fit floor. Pics really help too. Welcome to the madness.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi....welcome to iboats.

a deck is measured from the transom forward. and from the centerline of the boat, out..

start with the transom.......and mark off a 4 foot section. this is the width of the ply wood......measure form the center line out.....

take a measurement on each side, in 3 places.....6 measurements for each 4 foot section. one at the very back.....from the centre line to the rear corner.....the next, from the centre of the 4 foot section to the middle edge, and another from the centre line to the front edge.

this process is repeated, for each 4 foot section of the deck.

this will get you reasonably close. the final gap you get is filled with a resin mix called peanut butter. the resin filled gap, is then tabbed with fibreglass.

here is a step by step instruction of deck replacement after you get the deck cut and fitted.

http://forums.iboats.com/showthread.php?t=522237&highlight=fibreglass+deck+foam+hull

bbodin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Take a while and read Oops thread above on his rebuild. He has really taken the time to make a great tutorial not found in any book. He really should write one! It would be a best seller for sure! It will give you a good dose of basic building knowledge. I know your not building that same kind but you can just alter it to fit your needs. Before I tackled my boat, I read it from start to finish. Good luck and ask lot's of questions.

Iquinn

Recruit

Thanks for all the input, i'll make sure to ask questions when i get them