JL Audio is it worth it?

j_k_bisson

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Well I normally don't hang out in this area as I am not very audio literate. Actually not at all. So I start with my question andn hope to get some help on planning my new boats sound system.

I have a 1991 Bayline Trophy that has a 225hp 2 stroke outboard on the stern. I want to be able to listen to the tunes when running across Lake Erie at full throttle with the wind in my non-existant hair! My current system does not even meat any level of this requirement. On full all I can hear is a bit of sound.

Now to put this into light, I am guy that for the last 15 years have worked in one factory or another. Meaning my hearing is not the best, but I can hear! Just not the full spectrum of sounds. I'd say I lost around 10% of my hearing.

But this does not mean that while I can still hear I don bnot want to appreciate a bit of music while driving. It's load already in the boat what is a little more sound that I want to hear? Retorical question, no answers please........

So I have been investigating components and this is what I have come up with.

Speakers 1 pair of JL Audio M770-CCX in the side panels. Or the component speakers with separte tweeters.
Amp 1 M4300 JL Audio 4 channel
Sony, Kenwood, or JBL head unit.

So my question is; will this be loud enough to hear over my big motor at full throttle. I don't like super load music, but I do want to hear my music clearly when driving.

Is there anything else I need to include to make this work the way I want it to?