Where can I buy one??? other names?

kodibass

Master Chief Petty Officer
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get one of the stevens type coil, condenser, testers, I know they were made buy the stevens inst. co and I think there was one called something like merc-a-tron?, are there other names? I'm looking for one, any info would be great or if you are selling one please lmk.

thanks

boobie

Supreme Mariner
Re: Where can I buy one??? other names?

Both Merc-o-tronic and Stevens built good coil testers as I've used both of them. If you find one on E-bay and it still works, buy it. You could also look for an "Old Time" OMC dlr going out of business as he may have one. There was also another one built by Graham, and was a good one but I doubt if you could find parts for it today.

1946Zephyr

Vice Admiral

I hate seeing these old time dealers go out of business. I have a couple around me and one of the better ones just closed. My '59 RDS was bought there new (Staff Jennings) and still has the name plate on it.

samo_ott

Vice Admiral

Wow... that's a long time...

kodibass

Master Chief Petty Officer

Thanks for the info, The only shop we had in my town doing the older omc's just shut it's doors, I'm trying to open a small shop as there is a need. (and I love working on them) I have been getting some equipment together but still looking for a coil / cond. tester. again thanks & and if anyone decides to get rid of one please keep me in mind,