need advice or suggestion replacing STBD railing 96' Bayliner 2355

seawarrior

Recruit
I recently bought a 1996 Bayliner 2355, the STBD side rail is missing but the seller provided me with a new one to install (except the hardwares). I have to get behind skin/panel to remove the broken mounts and replace it... My first question is how do I remove the side cushion? are they secured with screws or do they snap right out? I think I have to remove the throttle lever as well.

I have one more question... the speedometer dont work and is it fixable while its in the water (I have no trailer), thanks!

coastalrichard

Lieutenant
Re: need advice or suggestion replacing STBD railing 96' Bayliner 2355

First of all, welcome to iboats...you'll find lots of experience here to help you out.

Most side cushions either have snaps fitted to the backs that mate with buttons screwed to the gunwale OR have screws that attach directly through the cushion into the gunwale (these are often covered with upholstered caps).

For the speedo, if the guage is alive, it could simply be the spitot (small black tube running up the front of the LU) has become detached (there is usually a connection under the PTT).

Good Luck!
Richard

seawarrior

Recruit

Richard - thanks for the reply but what does LU and PTT means?

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

lower unit, power tilt 'n trim