'85 OMC Sea Drive 2.6 liter V-6 2-stroke

dirtrich

Cadet
Hello all,<br />The above mentioned motor is mounted to my '85 Boston Whaler 22' Outrage Cuddy Cabin. I am lost and need a shop manual for this motor but haven't been able to find one. An intermittent problem which has gotten progressively worse over the last three years is driving me nuts! She runs fine for brief periods, then it's as though I have pulled the throttle back to half. Still sounds great...no miss, no sputter, just not full power. Then poof, right back to full throttle. I know this isn't much to go on, but it's a start, eh? There is one component I can't identify. It T's into the fuel line with a single hose just in front of the VRO, is bolted to the block, and has one ground wire and one wire attached to a tan wire which appears to go a sensor in the port head. My attention is on this "object" because it's about the only thing I haven't changed out yet. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: '85 OMC Sea Drive 2.6 liter V-6 2-stroke

dirtrich,<br />Welcome to iboats....you'll have more luck if you post in the correct outboard catagory (Johnson/Evinrude?). If one of the mod's checks this thd they will move it for you. Good Luck.

DHPMARINE

Captain

OMC SeaDrive may be able to be classified to be here.It is not a Johnson nor an Evinrude.It is an OMC. (and I admit,a strange stern drive,but it hangsout there.)<br /><br />DHP

dirtrich

Cadet

Sorry, didn't mean to misbehave (and on my first post at that). It's just that this heading was the only one that had OMC in it. <br />Limited time- speaking of "watch out for the dock", last week I was fishing out of Moss landing (Monterey Bay, between Santa Cruz and Monterey)when someone comes on the radio to tell us about a guy pulling up to the end of the dock, then accidentally giving it full throttle, propelling the boat up and over the dock and on top of another boat, knocking someone into the water in the process. When I returned to the docks sure enough, the end of one dock was all broken and chewed up! The fish and game official on site verified that it happened, otherwise I'm not sure I would have believed it.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Johnson and Everrude back then were the same thing, just different paint and decals. And both were made by OMC. It was a new idea in outboard mounting with a built in bracket. but it was still an outboard. Although they can be a bit confusing on your first post, your best info will come from the Johnson/Evenrude forum.

dirtrich

Cadet

Thank you. I have just placed a post in the correct forum.