Best and fastest way to sell a boat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdr2042

Recruit
This is my first post to the forums..I need to sell my 2670 pursuit and I want it gone fast. I have advertised on craigslist, hulltruth, boattrader, etc. and it isn't moving. I have it priced way cheaper than the next cheapest in the country. How do you guys do it? I am thinking about hiring a broker in FL since boats are probably selling better down there. Here in NC, the market seems dead.

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Best and fastest way to sell a boat?

When you find out let me know!

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

Why does it need to be gone so quickly? I'd wait till the season starts...

Welcome aboard :D

rheagler

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sad to say the only way to make it sell quick this time of year and in this market is to make it extremely cheap. Hopefully you won't have to.

jdr2042

Recruit

I want to just ship it off to Australia..I am in a rush because I have a new boat under contract and want to free up some cash. I have it on eBay right now with a few watchers but nothing serious..I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing if I held off for the Spring time at least I would probably get 10% more for it.

Have any of you ever sold a boat overseas?

TruckDrivingFool

Lieutenant Commander

Literally giving it away or selling it for next to nothing will get it gone quickest but even that takes time. Especially when most people are facing storing it for the winter with no or next to no immediate use.

skargo

Banned

I want to just ship it off to Australia..I am in a rush because I have a new boat under contract and want to free up some cash. I have it on eBay right now with a few watchers but nothing serious..I guess it wouldn't be the worst thing if I held off for the Spring time at least I would probably get 10% more for it.

Have any of you ever sold a boat overseas?
The guy that hauled my Trojan to my house said he ships boats all over the world. He mentioned Australia as well. Must be a big market outside of the US. Business venture anyone?

The Great Escape II

Petty Officer 1st Class

Here are some recommendations.

Pictures, pictures and more pictures. We typically have 70 to 90 pictures of a vessel. Make sure you tell what is different/special.. All service history, features, upgrades. If you need help shoot me an email.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

offer to pay 6 months storage (just figure it into the price, it's all the same money, but it has a psychological hook).

But if you are on the coast of NC, the season ends Dec 30 and reopens April 1. Not that big a deal. "Striper special" People have the fever now.

try tidalfish.com and the Virginia forum to reach the lower Chesapeake Bay

2ndtry

Petty Officer 1st Class

November is the best month to buy a boat, so I would guess the transverse (worst to sell) is true.

I think you'll make at least 20% in the spring. As Home Cookin suggests its rockfish season in the lower Chsapeake, My BIL has a place on the Rappahanock and its crazy busy in November, you might want to advertise in the Norfolk/Eastern Shore Craigslist area.

raymondpickens

Petty Officer 1st Class

Fine looking boat, the pictures on the other hand leave alot to be desired. good luck with selling it.

Last edited by a moderator:

raymondpickens

Petty Officer 1st Class

Forgot one thing, when you copy paste too much in an add like that it tends to look more like a scam. I didn't even make it half way to the pictures without thinking that. Even more so that its your first sale on ebay. Just try to make your ads look more professional. Some personal touch to the wording doesn't hurt either.....example

Last edited by a moderator:

stackz

Master Chief Petty Officer

Fine looking boat, the pictures on the other hand leave alot to be desired. good luck with selling it.

this. looks like you're jamming the camera up on stuff. and man some of those look like fisheye views. get some better zoomed out pics.

25thmustang

Lieutenant Commander

On yachtworld, the 2670s within a year of yours seem to be in the $59-69 asking range. I didn't go much further than a quick search and browse, so I can't comment on whether yours is much better or worse than these boats. I think in order to get some interest your pricing is going to have to be a bit lower than those.

Even rock bottom pricing wont always sell the boat tomorrow, sadly.

jdr2042

Recruit

Thanks for everyone's help. I am going to try using craigslist over on the Eastern Shore and I am going to work on my eBay ad right now. I will also go run over and take better pictures in a couple of hours. Maybe a video would help?

jdr2042

Recruit

Please let me know what you guys think about the new ad. I took your advice and I think it definitely looks 100% better and more legit. Now I am going to work on putting some advertisements out on the Eastern Shore because this would definitely make an awesome striper fishing boat. I am also going to offer 6 months of free storage..which is perfect considering how we have tons of space left in our climate controlled warehouse so it will not cost me a thing.

Thanks for everyone's help I really appreciate it a lot.

Home Cookin'

Fleet Admiral

you will do far better in the greater Norfolk area than on the Eastern Shore itself, and then on up the peninsula, northern neck and to Richmond. That's where the buyers are; ESVA is very small and tight. But can't hurt.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Sorry but this has ventured a little too far into the allowable limits on selling on this forum. Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.