is this boat on the correct trailer?

it appears to be kindof long.

Attachments

• lomgtrailer.jpg
    lomgtrailer.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 0

bonz_d

Vice Admiral
Re: is this boat on the correct trailer?

my guess would be no. Trailer is too big. Or the boat is too small.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Appears to me to be a suitable trailer that might handle a longer boat. Very rarely is there a "the correct" trailer. Most of the time it is a trailer that fits and might well fit many other boats as well.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

So you see once again on topics as these "the correct" way is all subjective.

I could also transport a John Deere AA tractor on a trailer built for a D9 Cat. Does that mean it is the "best" match? no, but it still works. Oversize trailer works. Undersize trailer, never.

thebrain

Banned

I could also transport a John Deere AA tractor on a trailer built for a D9 Cat. Does that mean it is the "best" match? no, but it still works. Oversize trailer works. Undersize trailer, never.
it just looks like it does'nt belong on that big trailer.

I could cut 2' off the front square tube?

bonz_d I just came across a OB engine I maybe interested in it's in Madison,WI would you be willing to cruise by and see if the motor turns over? I just posted a thread in the Merc. section.

Thanks Guys STB

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

bonz_d I just came across a OB engine I maybe interested in it's in Madison,WI would you be willing to cruise by and see if the motor turns over? I just posted a thread in the Merc. section.

Thanks Guys STB

I might if Madison wasn't 1.5 hours away along with my work schedule being as it is, 50-55 hrs a week.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Oversize trailer works. Undersize trailer, never.

Exactly. :)

The_Kid

Chief Petty Officer

The tongue looks long but you're not going to be able to put a whole lot longer boat on the trailer since the winch stand can't be moved very far before it hits the hinge for the folding tongue. It looks like there is some adjustment on the bow roller arm.

MH Hawker

Vice Admiral

that may be a special odrer tailer for some one who is afraid to get his truck wet

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Trailer is prefectly fine for that boat.

Boat fits between the frame rails, tongue is nice and long making launches and loading easier.

Gives flexibility to the tow vehicle, open the liftgate, put a bike rack in between, add a cargo carrier, etc.

I have added 3' to 2 of my trailers to achieve this.

I also have a 4x8 utility trailer with a 9' tongue. Allows me to carry long cargo without it hanging off the back, like canoes, and lumber, also makes it easier to back it up.

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Don't cut the tongue! A longer trailer is way easier to back.

thebrain

Banned

all good points. I was thinking of the leverage putting extra strain on the reciever.

BTW this isn't my boat I was just browsing for a larger version of my current boat.

Thanks Guy's for advice.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

that may be a special odrer tailer for some one who is afraid to get his truck wet

Trucks are not supposed to be backed in the water. If you have to, your trailer is too short, or the boaty is not set up on it properly.

Boating is supposed to be fun. No fun having to get your feet wet unless you intend to go swimming.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral

all good points. I was thinking of the leverage putting extra strain on the reciever.

BTW this isn't my boat I was just browsing for a larger version of my current boat.

Thanks Guy's for advice.

That will put LESS strain on the receiver. May have no tongue weight at all, unless the axle was adjusted accordingly.

Sabbath

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I recently put my 4.2m boat on the trailer i had my 5.4m boat on. Simply did what looks like has been done here, moved the winch stop further back. Has the added bonus that i can get my boat in the water without dunking the exhaust of my car in. But i need to move the axle further back at some point as it is fairly light on.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

Trailer is prefectly fine for that boat.

Boat fits between the frame rails, tongue is nice and long making launches and loading easier.

Gives flexibility to the tow vehicle, open the liftgate, put a bike rack in between, add a cargo carrier, etc.

I have added 3' to 2 of my trailers to achieve this.

I also have a 4x8 utility trailer with a 9' tongue. Allows me to carry long cargo without it hanging off the back, like canoes, and lumber, also makes it easier to back it up.

Ditto. With lakes in Texas down right now you would be thrilled to have that trailer here. Only problem is that the wheels are a long way from the tow vehicle meaning that backing up it would be a dream.....going forward and turning you had better allow ample room (swing wide) for the trailer to follow you.....like 18 wheelers do...sorta.

Mark