yamaha f100 rebuild carbs

5kjeff

Cadet
I'm going to rebuild my carbs on my yamaha 2000 f100, buying a kit from iboats.
Can any body give me any pointers on what i'm getting my self in for.

Jeff

Inducted

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: yamaha f100 rebuild carbs

Take a lot of pictures with your digital camera! I think ? your engine has 4 carbs. The pictures will help with hose routing. ( of course your yamaha sevice manual would help too!) Remove the carbs and intake silencer as a unit. Remove carbs from silencer. Seperate carbs. Remove float bowls
These carbs have accelerator pumps in the float bowls its best to remove plunger and clean here making sure the pump works properly when done.Clean all jets and passageways. Put back together, re install Adjust all linkages properly, sync. carbs with vacuum gauge. Go VROOOM. Good luck

5kjeff

Cadet

Thanks for the info, before i start rebuilding, it ran good till i ran it out of gas now the only way it will run is if i squirt gas in the carbs,
Is there a simple fix.

jeff

Inducted

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Here is one idea. Make sure all your fuel lines are clean, filters are clean, drain them and then pump fresh gas from your fuel tank to your carbs with the fuel line disconnected at the carbs. Pump the gas into a jar and make sure it is clean.

Open up the drain screws in your carbs drain fuel, maybe spray a little carb cleaner into the drain. Connect up fuel line with the drains open pump some nice fresh fuel and see if it drains out. Install drain screws. now you should have fresh gas in your carbs.

Engine should fire right up. BE CAREFUL OF GAS AND GAS FUMES.

5kjeff

Cadet

i have no voltage going to the enrichment valve when key is on, blue and black wires go to a box on the front of the engine could this
be why i get no gas thru the carbs.

jeff is fishing for a easy fix, always look for the simplest things first.

Jeff

seahorse5

Rear Admiral

i have no voltage going to the enrichment valve when key is on, blue and black wires go to a box on the front of the engine could this
be why i get no gas thru the carbs.

The enrichment valve voltage comes off the alternator while the motor is running.