Recommendation for Mechanic Needed in Maryland

Jack2048

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have a 1994 Interceptor Volvo Penta 5.0 Fi Sx.

It won't start and I have checked a number of things and am looking for a mechanic in the Silver Spring, Maryland area.

Can anyone recommend someone?

Thanks.

Background:

It has been running fine, but I didn't get out at all the last two years. It had some old gas in it from the previous owner. After replacing exhaust risers, and some other things, it started it up and ran no problem. Great. Went out to the dock and dropped it in. Ran for ten minutes and quit. Luckily I had not gone far and was able to drift home.

I drained the old gas out. Had it done by Clean Fuels. That story is worthy of another post. The gas looked really bad, liken an orange soda. I think moving it mixed up some gunk which clogged lines. I cleaned out the fuel lines, replaced filter, cleaned out the fuel rails. Cleaned the injectors. Nice spray pattern now.

But now that I have "fixed" it, it won't start. The engine cranks, and I can hear it fire on two cylinders, but it won't light. I think the spark on the plugs is weak. I checked the coil, and it passed all tests as spec'd in the repair manual.

Compression, timing are good. Checked to see that the injectors are firing. New high pressure fuel pump.
New Plugs,
It just cranks without turning over and sometimes you can hear one or two cylinders firing, but that's it.
Compression: Checked that, it's good.
Fuel: Checked that, pulled the rail and saw fuel come out the injectors.
Spark: Well, that's where I think the problem lies. It just seems that the spark on the plug was weak.

skargo

Banned
Re: Recommendation for Mechanic Needed in Maryland

I have a great mechanic but he's up in Havre de Grace.

Jack2048

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Recommendation for Mechanic Needed in Maryland

>I have a great mechanic but he's up in Havre de Grace.
Well, thanks for the info, that is two hours away for me! I was hoping for something closer.

Anyone have any experience with EKH MOBILE YACHT SERVICES ?