Aerial wakeboard towers

robbjunk

Cadet
Decided to put a aerial wakeboard tower, based on the price, on my but but am not sure whether to go with the K2 tower or Airborne tower. I have read some reviews of the airborne, and it seem good. I like the look of the K2 tower better, but since it is new, I have not heard much about it. If you know about one of these towers, let me know what you think of them.

AviatorJim

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Aerial wakeboard towers

I'm no expert, but I'd think how it looks and where the hitch knob is, and the accesories that fit it are the main concerns. Besides that if it doesn't bend or pull off (and I wouldn't think any of them would if installed right) they are all about the same performance wise. The ability to fold and stow easily may be a factor for you depending on where you tow/store the boat. Also on one lake here we have a very low bridge to go under, so I can't go there since mine doesn't fold easily. It isn't a big deal for me to fold it for towing or winter storage.

--Jim

pat8839

Petty Officer 1st Class

robbjunk just to add to the confusion, I recently put an Aerial Airborne tower on my boat. Before I ordered it I asked the guys at
h2osportswarehouse about the stability of their towers. He said that the Airborne tower was their most stable tower due to it's design. I was also interested in the Assault but when he told me the Airborne tower was more stable I went with that. I know that my Bayliner hull is NOT super stable/sturdy so I wanted a sturdy tower.

If you have never installed something like it before, honestly it was not that hard!

Let us know what you pick

pat8839

Petty Officer 1st Class

h2osportswarehouse has them both on sale giving away 2 free wakeboard racks for either the black Airborne or the K2 tower...not that it helps to narrow down your choice either haha!

robbjunk

Cadet

Yeah, that is the best price I found. I might wait till they have a sale on just the towers.

robbjunk

Cadet

Ended up with the aerial Ascent tower. The tower and two wake rakes for less than $700 was just to good for me to pass up. Will upload some pics when I install it.

pat8839

Petty Officer 1st Class

Awesome robb! Just take a deep breath and go for it when time comes for drilling those holes!
Good Luck

newc048

Seaman Apprentice

Ended up with the aerial Ascent tower. The tower and two wake rakes for less than $700 was just to good for me to pass up. Will upload some pics when I install it.

Just bought the same setup yesterday! Can't beat 50% off and i ended up talking them into giving me free shipping as well! Tower and 2 racks for $599, I'm a happy man. Now to wait til January til they come off back order! lol