What Are You Sick of Seeing?

Fireman431

Rear Admiral
This came up on a talk radio show this morning and got me thinking...

What have you absolutely had it with and are sick of seeing or hearing about? :mad:

1) Paris Hilton, Kim Kardashian, or any other celebrity that is simply famous for being famous...having never done a thing worthwhile.

2) Jersey Shore idiots (see above)

3) Having people tell me to "FaceBook" them or "shoot me a Tweet". I refuse to do either.

4) Latest new i*whatever*

5) B.S "reality shows" such as The Bachelor, Rock of Love, Survivor, Biggest Loser, John & Kate +8, etc. None of them are anywhere near reality...

Feel free to add your own...

fishrdan

Admiral
Re: What Are You Sick of Seeing?

Well, how do I put this in a family oriented forum....

"Jimmy" commercials :mad: I use another term while venting to the wife.

Totally inappropriate for when kids are still awake, on family oriented channels or family oriented programming!

Daddy, what's an _________ :eek:

WIMUSKY

Staff member

^^^^^ Completley agree. Will think of some more eventually. Good thread...

rogerwa

Commander

constant Immoral sexual situations on every primetime TV show. If you pay attention enough, you will notice that veveryone has slept with everyone.. Therefore having to go gay because there are no more characters and they need to find other "shocking" things.

EddiePetty

Lieutenant Junior Grade

....DirecTv commercials when I'm already paying the bill !!!!

zopperman

Lieutenant Commander

1) My law book
2) Cars with big subwoofers driving down my block at 7 am.
3) The Philadelphia Trolley
4) Bad grammar
5) Deer

I would i disagree with the "i whatever" I really like seeing those :D

Cofe

Lieutenant Commander

Good Thread...I agree with most everything so far.
I would have to add......The women on fox news getting in a uproar, arguing about anything and everything. The on and on yip-yap sounds like fingernails on a chalk board. I am forced to change the channel.

cgd7777777

Petty Officer 1st Class

Anything to do with celebs and pro sports!

gibletts

Petty Officer 2nd Class

seeing a piece of carrot in the sausage roll I just bought, it is just not necessary.

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

I'm sick of the college students in my town walking slowly through a crosswalk when my light is green, with a cell phone plastered up against their ear and their pants down around their knees.

I absolutely can't stand Good Morning America which features all of the celeb's Fireman named.

Fireman what brought this rant on? Have a bad day? :D

mommicked

Lieutenant Commander

:mad:^^^^^^ ALL OF THE ABOVE^^^^^^ :mad: I hope this does'nt get political, I'd love to hear more from everyone. Maybe a new forum? ............. WTH, or "What the Heck"

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Somehow I just don't have a problem with most of the ones you have listed, I'm just not exposed to them.

But I do agree with bad grammar, and bad grandma. Caught her driving again last week. She's 93, and just can't see well enough to drive.
Oh how I wish they made EVERYONE take their vision test every year, to keep their license.

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

CNN headline crawls. Example- Rick Hendricks in plane crash. That's all, no details. Seeing that the guy lost 4 family members + 6 others seven years ago, they could have added "is OK"

Dysfunctional families on TV "reality" shows + Dr. Phil, Jerry Springer, Maury, et al.

Dish TV, DirecTV and cable companies pleading with their customer to bombard Fox because Fox is going to cut them off because they don't want to pay.

Cell phones and drivers.

Helmetless bikers.

Little blue pill ads featuring 35-40 year olds. Huh?

Smiling Bob.

Drug ads on TV with side effects that are worse than the condition being treated. I think thoughts of suicide is a serious side effect.

Posts asking "what is this?" and not one freaking pic.

I better stop, I'm feeling depressed. I would take something but it might kill me.

gus-gus

Petty Officer 2nd Class

..................................................tv

generator12

Senior Chief Petty Officer

GREAT THREAD!

Political ads telling me why the other guy is a piece of sh_t. People digging for the EXACT correct change - to the penny - in a long check-out line. "News reporters" following the perp up onto his porch with questions like "why did you do it?" - (waiting for one of them to get popped). Protesters who have not achieved a damned thing on their own disrupting communities because their tuition isn't paid for and one of them has been arrested for p_ssing on someone's rosebush.

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

Great thread.
I'm pretty much with all of the above posts items.

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Sounds like the majority of the complaints here could be solved by turning off one's own television set.

I'm sick of seeing the UPS truck pass by my house every day and not stopping with my much needed and greatly anticipated boat motor parts so I can get out on the lake with my newly restored boat!:(

Other than that, I'm a pretty happy guy!

Fishing Dude too

Lieutenant Junior Grade

CNN headline crawls. Example- Rick Hendricks in plane crash.

Cell phones and drivers.

Little blue pill ads featuring 35-40 year olds. Huh?

Smiling Bob.

It's Rick Hendrick we won't claim him now way no how.

dlindeblad

Petty Officer 1st Class

People, and the more I think about it only women, on the dang cell phone trying to make a purchase in the checkout line with several people waiting behind them. I know it drives the cashiers mad too by the look on their faces.

I did have one young man/boy stand in front of a self checkout station, after his purchase, reading his text messages. I waited about 20 seconds before I addressed him and asked if he was through. He just gave me a cross look and left. I started my purchase and about 10 seconds later an arm comes accross me and rips a receipt out of the printer. I look to my side and it is said man/boy giving me another cross look.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

Sounds like the majority of the complaints here could be solved by turning off one's own television set.

That's what I was thinkin' ;) I've pretty much solved that problem by watching little to no live TV.

I'm sick of anything related to the NFL. I've never really been a sports guy and the last few years I've decided not to even pretend anymore.