Original canvas for a 1993 Stratos 2250 walkaround

dwpoit

Recruit
I own a 1993 Stratos 2250 walkaround. Does anyone know the company that Stratos would have used to make the canvas enclosure. The boat is in fantastic condition with a hard top and I would like to be able to bring the boat to near factory condition. The hard top, sides of the console, and windshield have the snap buttons where the canvas should be. I understand that Stratos changed hands several times as OMC was involved in 1993. I thought Great Lakes might have made the enclosure for this boat but I called today and they did not. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

duped

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Original canvas for a 1993 Stratos 2250 walkaround

Any reputable upholstery shop can make you one out of Sunbrella. That's going to be your only option. Where are you located? Perhaps we could recommend one...

smokeonthewater

Fleet Admiral

yep just forget original... custom is the only practical option... even the original maker won't likely help you if you do find em

dingbat

Supreme Mariner

With your manufacturer being out of business for so long, your best bet is to find a good marine canvas shop and let them reproduce it for you. You have the snaps in place so it?s should be pretty easy to reproduce. I had to replace one of the panels in my front curtains. A friend of a friend that owes a local canvas shop reproduced it for me perfectly. You can?t tell it?s not one of the original curtains.

Just make sure they make the new curtains out of a good quality canvas and glass. There is nothing more cheesy looking than Sunbrella drop curtains.

dwpoit

Recruit

Thanks for your advice, as I figured it would be difficult to find original equipment. I was worried about how aftermarket canvas would look. I live in Massachusetts along the south coast so I will have to find a fabric shop local to me. Thanks again

bekosh

Lieutenant

Thanks for your advice, as I figured it would be difficult to find original equipment. I was worried about how aftermarket canvas would look. I live in Massachusetts along the south coast so I will have to find a fabric shop local to me. Thanks again
Don't worry about how it'll look. A good shop should be able to do just about anything you want. Talk with them, go over what you want from your canvas. Get it made for exactly how you use your boat.

I just had mine redone this summer. The old canvas was shot and rather than just get the same style made, I had them redo it to address the problems that I had with the old canvas. Mainly visibility & ventilation. The old canvas had windows that were to small and not enough screens.
Here are the before and after photos.
Before.
2011-08-14_10-37-48_235.jpg

2011-06-12_13-32-12_750.jpg

After.
2011-09-02_14-58-46_33.jpg

2011-09-02_14-57-05_293.jpg