2 questions!!!

theduckman

Cadet
Does anyone know how I can get ahold of a 1967 wards SeaKing 6 model #VWB27906A. The other question is how do you adjust the carb, there's a top screw and a screw on the side. I had it running with the throttle up a little so it wouldn't die, I turned the side screw and now it will idle but when I throttle up and let it down, (when it idles down) it dies??? what is the problem, also, where should the lean/middle/rich knob be? I'm not sure where it should be i've tried it different ways?
thanks

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: 2 questions!!!

You are only allowed one question per post!

Na--seriously, you might do well going over to The Chrysler Crew and placing a want ad there. Those guys would also probably be able to help you with mixture.

theduckman

Cadet

heres the carb, if someone could explain what screws do what. the pic is sidewayscarb.jpg

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Can't tell about the picture. But most all carburetors are adjusted the same way. It isn't rocket science. The high speed needle wil be the lower one of the two. Adjust the main or high speed knob to where it runs best at full throttle (in gear, on a boat, on the lake). Then slow down to idle and adjust the slow speed needle to where it idles the best. Repeat if necessary. Then relax and go fishing.

theduckman

Cadet

the carb has a screw on the side of it, in the pic its on the bottom, then theres another screw on top. I know nothing about motors etc... so maybe I need a rocket scientist to help me.... The lower knob your meaning the screw on the side?

tmcalavy

Rear Admiral

Never messed with a Chrysler Sea King, so I am clueless on this one...try posting your question on the Ask A Member board at www.aomci.org
I bet someone there is familiar with that carb. On most carbs there are two adjustment needles. As FR said, they are usually one above the other...bottom is high-speed adjustment, top is low-speed or idle adjustment. Obviously not the case with your carb however.