tackle storage lockers ?

donberry

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Not sure if this is the right forum, but....
I have a 1988 Dynasty Fish & Ski. I do pull skiers and tubes in the summer, but it's main purpose is for fishing. My 1st year having the boat and it is just a mess with plano boxes lying around everywhere. There is not really much storage in the boat so I was thinking about putting in some storage in the engine cover. It is very large, going the width of the boat and I could drop some boxes in on either side and it would not interfere with anything.
Trouble is trying to find something reasonable as many of the boxes I see start at over $100.00. I was wondering if anyone knew of anything less expensive - basically a plastic box with a lip and a lid where I could just cut the hole in the engine cover, drop the box in and voila, instant tackle storage. I use a lot of tackle though and the ones I have seen really are not that big so 4 of them would be nice, but at over $100 a pop.....
any info would be appreciated, thanks

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner
Re: tackle storage lockers ?

Those flush mount tackle boxes are sweet but definitely pricey. Perhaps you could put together something similar yourself with parts from www.greatlakesskipper.com They sell a lot of OEM overstock parts and definitely tons of hatch covers.