New to the board and need help with wiring my boat

topglock

Seaman Apprentice
Guys,

I'm new here so thought I'd just jump right in and ask... I just received my 2011 Merc 75 ELPT 4S, purchased from iboats and need to wire it to my boat. I can't seem to find a wiring schematic for the engine. Can anyone provide some sort of diagram that gives wire colors and pin-outs for the 14 pin plug? I have a generic harness that I need to wire to conventional switches gauges, etc.

And while on the subject, can anyone suggest where I might find a service manual for that motor.

Thanks in advance for any information you might be able to provide.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Re: New to the board and need help with wiring my boat

The best manual for the motor is the factory service manual for your specific engine (not the factory operators manual) and they are available from your Merc dealer. The schematic diagrams for the engine wiring are included in the service manual.

topglock

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks for the tip. I've got a buddy in the outboard repair buis. I'll see if he's got the manual. If not. I guess Merc gets more of my money... :)

NYBo

Admiral

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

They didn't send you a basic owner's manual with the motor?!?

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner

Welcome to iboats!:cool:

They didn't send you a basic owner's manual with the motor?!?

I've never seen an "Owners Manual" with an electrical diagram for the boat. They generally have all the safety fluff in them but little to zero info on the technical aspects of the boat.

topglock

Seaman Apprentice

Silvertip is right. Just basic operators stuff. Ordered the service manual today. Thanks again...

NYBo

Admiral

Hmm. The manual for my '88 Force has a basic wiring diagram. Plus, the wiring block under the cowl is labelled.