great... picked a great weekend to winterize - with 3-5 inches of snow coming

alandchris

Petty Officer 2nd Class
was 90% sure of how to winterize, took an extra week to ask some questions and postponed winterizing till this coming weekend...
3-5 inches of snow coming Saturday - supposed to be right at 32 degrees but not for very long according to weather.com
Sunday is in the 50's
I assume I don't have to worry about a few hours in the 32 degree range for freezing issues in the block/manifolds
agree ?

Bondo

Staff member
Re: great... picked a great weekend to winterize - with 3-5 inches of snow coming

Ayuh,.... Drain it, 'n then there's No worries...

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: great... picked a great weekend to winterize - with 3-5 inches of snow coming

Ayuh,.... Drain it, 'n then there's No worries...

Especially if the weather man is wrong about the temps, and it actually gets colder. I have gone to work many mornings when the TV, Radio, and weather.com said low of 30, only to find it in the upper teens or low 20's.
Ever tried to drain your engine in 3"-5" of snow when the temp is dropping below what "THEY" say it's going to be?

boat1010

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Weather men are the only people that can be wrong 80% or more of the time and still have a job... Drain it..

kylejb2663

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I feel you're pain! I'm in Upstate NY and we just got some snow yesterday with cold temps- Luckily engines/drives are winterized but I have not done the water system yet! Doing it this weekend!

I would also say Drain It!

alandchris

Petty Officer 2nd Class

yup, thx for the replies, i guess i could have figured it out for myself - i just remember reading something about if it's around 32 degrees for a little while - no biggee - but you're right - weatherman / weatherwomen don't have a good track record of being 100% correct

leaving work early today to drain 'er out..

ayuh !! <<< bondo - like that ? :)

Lou C

Supreme Mariner

I got home from work on Fri and drained it out right away, we were supposed to get down to 32 Sat nite and in the 20s Sun nite, didn't want to be draining it during the Nor'easter we had on Sat, which was pretty bad as far as wind and rain...