how much should i ask for this??

not enuf toys

Chief Petty Officer
i have a mercury mirage plus prop that i am thinking of putting on craigslist or ebay. now usually i can do some research and find a "going" price for something, but with this one i am a but confussed.

the prop is SS 19 pitch. it has a satin finish from factory and the leading edges have been cut into sharper points (done at a prop shop when i had it sent in to check balance - he said makes a good difference on these props - i didnt notice the difference). it is an exchangable hub (may or may not sell hub with it - would rather not to keep the extra hub just in case). it has the large ports in it which i always had plugged bc i would slip like crazy coming out of the hole with them out.

so my confussion sets in with the satin finish and cut leading edges. are satin props common? do they de-value the prop? what about the cut edges? the prop is balanced...

what are your thoughts?

also, i think i would get better results on ebay bc ohio weather has put boating season on halt till next year. Will holding out until next year give me more selling power?

just thought i would turn to fellow boaters for advice

calvinator

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: how much should i ask for this??

I putting 2 Volvo Penta props on ebay - Auction style. Start the auction at $.01 and let it run for a week to see what the market will pay.

Ebay has so many eyeballs and automatic searches, you'll get the qualified buyers looking for that type of prop.

However, I haven't seen too many used props sell for more than $125....