Trailer restoration project

lfreng

Seaman
Working on restoring a most likely 1970's boat trailer. Here is a link to all the pics and details. Little easier to post this than repost everything. http://inspectionwerx.com/boat-project1/ I will be posting pics as the trailer comes together. Waiting on my new galvanized bolts for the reconstruct.

Sabbath

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Trailer restoration project

Looking good mate, progress is good sofar.

bonz_d

Vice Admiral

Nice work! Will look forward to seeing it completed.

Ones own labor is cheap when it's only a hobby!

Captain Gecko

Seaman

Nice work so far!

I just picked up a 70's Calkins tandem roller trailer for my boat. Solid, but needs some TLC. Contemplating a full restore once the boat is back in the water next year. Hiring someone to do the sandblasting seems like a good idea. I have a compressor and tools, but...I've learned some jobs are better tackled by the pros/shops set up to do so. :)

Good luck with the restore!

lfreng

Seaman

Well the trailer is finally done with the exception of the fenders being mounted. Here are some finished pics of it. PC182416 - Copy.JPGPC182415 - Copy.JPGPC182417 - Copy.JPG

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,... Great job,... I love the tail lights...

JDA1975

Lieutenant

looks great, I had just as much fun restoring my trailer as I have restoring my boat...it gives you a sense of satisfaction, pulling something you made look good behind your truck!

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

I drove my trailer over to a Zinc vat that the cross country power line tower parts suppliers used to galvanize the towers. I dismantled the trailer on site and the guy picked up the pieces and dropped them in the vat. After cooling, I reassembled it and away I went. Not very expensive and now no rust.

Mark