7.5 Mercury outbord.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smjedl

Recruit
Gas shoots out of tube in suction end of carb when you try to start it. whats up with that?:

Mason Sowell

Cadet
Re: 7.5 Mercury outbord.

Carb needs to be rebuilt.
I was searching the forums looking for someone with same problem, when I pump the primer bulb or when I pull the rope gas squirts from what looks like a vent tube outward. Did you rebuild your carb? And did it fix it? Thanks for any info!

JDusza

Ensign

Year, model number will help greatly in understanding better. We can better identify the "vent tube" you are talking about.
Thanks.

Mason Sowell

Cadet

My merc is a 1974 / 3803381 7.5 hp 2 stroke, I'm sorry bout that, but I posted again last night, (updated) I rebuilt carb and fuel pump yesterday, and it did solve the fuel squirting from carb, runs good mid range and wot but when you get below mid range too idle it will sound as if your pulling plug wire off and letting it jump spark. Arching Spark sound gets louder as rpm's get lower then it will kick back, back fire through exhaust into water of course, then die, twist the throttle to fast pull it again bust right off, I'll let it run at mid range thinking maybe it's just cold and needs to warm up, return to idle position the arching sound gets louder and dies, replaced plug wires and ngk perma gap plugs, same thing, was wondering if the adjustment screw on the bottom of the carb in front of bowl might have an effect on it? What is this screw for? Im pretty sure it's not the problem though, it's not like it running out of fuel, cause the cutting out is to quick, I've disconnected the push button kill switch and let the wire hang outside the housing to illuminate the kill switch causing the problem, any ideas? I'm out of ideas my self, I know it's something simple, I even ran it in the dark hoping to see a spark, none,, please help! Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.