First Post...first question - Johnson GT150

Tregs

Seaman Apprentice
I've been lurking for several months and have been able to answer all of my questions with the search function up to this point. Thanks to all who have contributed to the forum and have built a great database for folks like me who like to DIY on the weekends.

I need to order 2 exhaust seals but I'm not sure what to order. I've searched this site and googled and I still don't know for sure.

1989 Javelin 378FS
1989 Johnson GT150

I pulled the lower unit, replaced the impeller and found the seals on the exhaust (leg?) are brittle/torn. The seals are on a metal part (leg?) that is beside the water pump. There is a 5-sided (pentagon shaped) rubber seal on the top of this part and bottom. From what I can find, one of the seals is called an "Exhaust Leg Rubber Seal" in the iboats store, but I don't know what the other is called. They are different sizes. I was hoping that if I found one, I could find the other in the "People who bought this part also bought......" section. No luck.
Can someone help me out?

I'll try to attach a photo. We'll see if it works. I need the seal that I'm holding and also the one that seals the exhaust port to the lower unit housing.

Thanks,
Tregs

Attachments

• IMG00114-20111024-2138.jpg
    IMG00114-20111024-2138.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 0

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: First Post...first question - Johnson GT150

The upper seal is part#0320936 and the lower is #0320961