3.2 litre yamaha

Darth R3ven

Recruit
To Whom it may concern:

I have a 3.2 litre Yamaha, 24 valve v-6, in a 1993, SHO Taurus. My biggest problem is that Ford and Yamaha, have discontinued parts for this motor. It is a really impressive engine design with a lot of horsepower and I would like to keep the engine alive as long as possible. How do I get engine parts?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member
Re: 3.2 litre yamaha

Welcome to iboats

You need to scour the junk yards and there used to be some SHO forums...... I had a 93 SHO and I loved the motor....... it was a real 5.0 L Killer and I used to hunt down Mustang owner's just to insult them. Fun motor!!!

scoutabout

Lieutenant Commander

Ah the SHO - I remember Car and Driver raving about it back in the day. I'd say begin a search at various wreckers for a rusted or totalled car with a good motor. Who knows, there may be some "low" mileage examples around. Not as good as new old stock of course...

I assume you are also doing everything to take care of the current motor with respect to preventive maintenance as well?

stackz

Master Chief Petty Officer

junkyards are your best friend. that and the SHO forums.

we had 3 of them in our salvage yard 3 years ago. about the only thing sold off of them were the wheels and the shifter assemblies. then squish they went.

dolluper

Captain

Ifin you want new parts ROCKAUTO has them otherwise eboy