Quicksilver 3000 Shifter/Throttle Handle

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral
Is there an easy way to take this thing off without springs and stuff flying everywhere? Mine is set in a piece of plastic trim that I'd like to take off and paint.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Re: Quicksilver 3000 Shifter/Throttle Handle

I had one and really hated the black button and the way the fast idle was setup. It was on a 2000 year boat and I replaced it a couple of months ago....11 years on a fresh water only, kept in the garage boat, in N. Texas. On the lower side of the round part of the shift arm is a hex allen set screw....you have to move the handle to F and pretty high rpm position to cause the slot in the handle to expose the set screw...as I remember. I don't think the screw is immediately visible but it could be and so, that much easier for you.

Removing that is SUPPOSED to allow the handle to slide off the shaft for what you (and I) want/wanted to do. In short, It took a recip saw and bi-metallic metal cutting blade to get it off.....THEN I installed my current edition, new 2000 and ala...peace at last.l I disassembled the 3000 after I got it off just for curiousity's sake and what a mess it was inside.

HTH,

Mark