Removing Detonation controller assembly box

20vector

Petty Officer 3rd Class
hello all. i have a 98 mariner 200efi. i just recently removed my oil injection system along with the warning module. while i was there was looking at the detonation controller assembly right above warning module. Was wondering if i really needed this anymore since it doesnt even have the knock sensor anymore. before i bought motor they elimated it and grounded the wire. Didnt know if the detonation controller assembly monitored other motor funtions besides the knock sensor to right the motor? But if only monitoring knock sensor then its not doing any good on here. Another question is should i keep it hooked up and get another knock sensor and install it. Like i said its been took off since i bought it and will install one if yall recomend it. thanks again in advance guys ted
P.S. like i said i just disconnected oil injection and removed warning module. Thought since i removed warning module that when i turned key on i wouldnt hear the warning horn test tone anymore. When i test run it couple times on water hose every time i turned key on i heard the test tone like normal. Anybody know why this is? thanks again