Sealing my inlet tube in my impeller housing trouble in my 1973 65 hp johnson

istolejerry

Recruit
hey everyone my tell just stopped pouring water out of it the other week, I took the LU off and check the impeller and impeller housing and it is all good, I forced some water up the inlet tube and water came out of the tell tail so that is all good to, It seems to me that my inlet tube is no sealing probably in the impeller housing, can anyone give me some pointers or some tricks in sealing it, it also is filling up the exhaust housing too.

F_R

Supreme Mariner
Re: Sealing my inlet tube in my impeller housing trouble in my 1973 65 hp johnson

What seems to be the problem? Is the water tube grommet not in the pump housing? Hint: There is a water tube guide to make it easy to hit the hole with the tube when you install the lower unit. It should be up on the water tube when you removed the lower unit. Pull it off the tube and stick it into the pump housing for reassembly.

The exhaust housing is SUPPOSED to fill up with water....water that has gone through the powerhead and done its job there. Now it cools and quiets the exhaust housing.